Pittenweem Arts Festival
Good afternoon welcome back to the Concierge blog.
This weekend sees the return of one of my favourite events, the Pittenweem Arts Festival. From Saturday 6th to Sunday 14th August the small East Neuk village opens its doors to artists and designers from around the UK. Paintings, sculptures and craft work will be displayed in nearly 100 venues around the village including houses, garages, galleries, gardens and even the harbourmaster’s office!
On Saturday 6th the festival will kick off to the sound of the Latin jazz band Havana Swing in the Church Hall from 7.30pm. From fine art displayed in a living room, modern jewellery in a garage or poetry readings on the beach, there is so much to see and a brilliant buzzy atmosphere is guaranteed.
There are lots of great activities for kids including a creative writing course and the cartoon drawing course is bound the capture their imagination
To help you to make the most of your visit I’ve put together my top 5 Pittenweem Arts Festival tips-
1. Allow yourself plenty of time to wander round. You will find art hidden in every nook and crannie.
2. Remember to take cash. There are no cash machines in Pittenweem and while many of the stall holders will have a card machine it’s not guaranteed.
3. Look out for the AA road signs. The signs will be displayed on your way into the village pointing out the best places to park; a shuttle bus will run from the car parks down to the harbour every 20minutes. The added bonus is that both the parking and the shuttle bus are free!
4. Don’t forget to stop in on the many wonderful shops along the high street. I love the hand made chocolates from the Cocoa Tree!
4. Pick up a bag of fish and chips. One of my all time favourite fish and chip shops lives in Pittenweem; I just couldn’t visit the village without stopping in.
You can find out more information about all the events and exhibitors on the Pittenweem Arts Festival website- www.pittenweemartsfestival.co.uk
If you do go along then please do let me know, I would love to hear your highlights and recommendations.