I’d like to start by saying thank you to Jean Kolb for sharing her wonderful tips on achieving an inner wellbeing. I hope you all found her thoughts to be as inspirational as I did. In the last few weeks we’ve really seen a big change in our weather and as Derek said in his Green Keeping blog, we really can’t deny that autumn is here!
Ever since I was a wee girl, autumn has always been my favourite season. It’s cold enough that I can wear my cosy knitwear – but it’s not too cold that I need to wear a coat! It also the time of year when we begin to see shorter days and cooler nights, and we watch leaves turn from green to vivid colours of gold and red. St Andrews always looks so beautiful at this time of year. I also love that autumn brings with it many changes; some would say that the change of season signifies an energetic shift in our environment. It is as these seasonal changes occur that we are most vulnerable to coughs & colds, for example, and we generally begin to feel run down with the thought of Christmas already on our minds! Making a few simple changes to your day to day life is a great way to help your body adjust to these changes. Here are my top 3 tips:
1. Work It! No health regimen is complete without some form of exercise. Whether it is taking a power walk through the park, chariots of fire run on the beach or a high impact workout at the gym; there is no shadow of a doubt that exercise can improve your mood, strengthen your heart and lungs, and reduce stress.
2. Eating fresh, local produce. Some foods we recommend include spinach, celery, dark leafy greens, dates, peanuts, onions, bamboo shoots and mushrooms.
3. It’s About Time – for you! Taking time out for about two hours per week is known to reduce stress and improve your overall wellbeing and happiness. At Kohler Waters Spa we have created a package that focuses on your specific needs, by allowing you to customise and build your own spa package, choosing the services that are important and reflective of your needs. Please visit our website for more information.
Alternatively why not spa at home? This homemade pumpkin enzymatic face mask is so simple and will certainly make you feel truly pampered! I just love this recipe created by the co-founder of the Californian range The Body Delis. All you need is pumpkin pie puree (try goodnessdirect.co.uk) , a few other ingredients and you will have glowing and delicious smelling skin! For best results, enjoy whilst soaking in a warm bubble bath!
- 1 can pumpkin pie puree (organic if possible)
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. pumpkin seed oil
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Place half the can of pumpkin puree in a bowl and mix in the lemon juice, pumpkin seed oil and spices.
- Apply the mask to the face and allow your skin to soak up the goodness for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
The recipe makes two treatments, and will last up to five days in the refrigerator.
If you have any other recipes for fabulous homemade face masks then please do share them with us. Should you have any questions about the Kohler Waters Spa then please do let me know.